Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

34: A Phone Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down

34: A Phone Call

Post by swim2live on 22nd July 2010, 4:38 am

enjoy?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat quietly on the bus station bench, waiting for the bus to come. I didn't want to teleport because I didn't want to become too dependent on my powers. Sometimes I liked to be alone for awhile. It got a tad cramped at Wu's sometimes, what with all of the kids running around there now. I clutched the third and fourth volumes of Fruits Basket in my hand, triumphantly. Finally, I'd had the money and time to go on a manga spree. As I sat on the bench, I noticed a phone booth next to me. Who even uses those anymore?

Just then, the phone rang. Instinctively, I jumped up and answered it. "Hello?" I said, trying to balance my infinite amount of bags with only one hand.

There was heavy breathing at first, then a man's raspy voice said, "Katrina?"

"Um, may I ask who's calling?" I said, not wanting to give any information away unless I knew who this was. How did they know my name?

The breathing started again, then he repeated, "Katrina?"

"Who is this?" I asked, now starting to regret picking up the phone. My stomach was in a knot and my heart was beating fast. I had a premonition that something bad was going to happen.

The breathing started again, then a laugh. Not an evil laugh but not a nice laugh either. It sounded like a laugh you would hear from a crazy person ripping the wings off of a butterfly. The line went dead.
I hung up and ran as fast as I could back to the restaurant.

That night , I got up to get a midnight snack. I did that pretty regularly. I put some cereal into a bowl and poured some milk inside. I didn't bother going to sit down at a booth, I'd be done in a couple of minutes, so I just ate at the check-out counter.

Then the phone rang. I was pretty sure what was going to happen, but to be polite, I answered and said Barney's famous line, "Wu's Garden, free delivery." I didn't sound cheerful like he usually did, though.

Heavy breathing, again. "Katrina." the same voice said.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" I yelled into the phone. I was definitely scared now. How did this person know me? More importantly, how did they know where I'd be? I looked around the restaurant, fearing that I'd see a shadow or a face. There was nothing there.

There was silence on the other end of the phone. Then there was a blood curdling scream from the background and the line went dead.

I slammed the phone down onto the receiver, and ran upstairs to the door of the guys room. I wanted to talk to someone about this, but as I was about to bring my knuckles to the door, I stopped. I didn't want any of my friends to be in danger. This was between me and the person on the other end of the line. I went back to my shared room.

My cell phone buzzed with a call. I had another knot in my stomach, and I was terrified. I looked at the caller ID. "Unknown". The number wasn't showing either. I probably should've called the police but they always get in the way. I answered but said nothing. "Katrina," the voice said, as always but then it said, "your parents."

I gasped, "What do you know about them? How did you know them?"

There was a pause, then he said, "I KILLED THEM!!!" he laughed again and hung up.

My phone fell to the floor and I followed. I was crying, no, I was sobbing. My phone lit up with a text message. With a shaking hand, I opened the message. There were two words on it: You're next
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 34: A Phone Call

Post by WolfieStar on 22nd July 2010, 4:46 am

THAT WAS JUST PLAIN EPIC!!!!
WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 22nd July 2010, 5:05 am

haha thank you! i was gonna do blood but Alix said she had done the first two so i did the phone call. i tried to go all out
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar on 22nd July 2010, 5:08 am

lol very nicely done. I just did fangs.
WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 22nd July 2010, 5:16 am

oooo, im assuming it has something to do with Gary? *shot for being obvious*
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar on 22nd July 2010, 5:17 am

lol yeah, he's the only one who naturally has FANGS!!! XD

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonWarriorClaire34 on 25th July 2010, 4:45 pm

EPIC> THIS WAS SO SCARY AWESOME! Nice job Marcie! Wow, I'm so freaked out.... XD
DragonWarriorClaire34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezberryz456 on 27th July 2010, 7:37 pm

OMG! That was so good! So much suspense! I liked it!
Chezberryz456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 28th July 2010, 11:51 pm

thanks guys! it was my first horror story! im glad u liked it! there might be more to come
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar on 28th July 2010, 11:51 pm

this is very nice.

AND I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezberryz456 on 29th July 2010, 4:14 pm

More sounds good!!!
Chezberryz456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 30th July 2010, 2:53 am

You're actually really good at writing suspense!
*slapped for taking so long to read anything*
I thought the thing at the bus station was very clever, and it shows kind of Rina's personality (at least when it comes to answering phones, no matter the time or day. ^^;; ), and I really liked that!

I like how you described his voice, too (assuming it's a mannn). Somebody ripping the wings off a butterfly. o.o

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 30th July 2010, 3:17 am

i stole that from Elfen Lied ^ ^" but i thought it sounded appropriate here. And yes, it was a man on the other side lol
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonWarriorClaire34 on 3rd August 2010, 5:42 am

I agree with everything that Thalia wrote in her review. That was what I was trying to say, but I suck at writing good reviews.

Ripping wings off a butterfly...now that's some suspenseful synesthesia right there...
DragonWarriorClaire34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top