Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Hear Me Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hear Me Now

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 30th July 2010, 11:53 pm

EDIT:
Based on "How I Go" by Yellowcard. XD
BTW.

A Yellowcard one shot! 8D
Now that we've been going on and on about the kids, I decided I may as well post this, hahah. I'll probably end up posting all of the ones that I have so far... maybe. Most of them are full of spoilers for FBF. 8D

Mehh...
Yeah, Alix and I were messing with this idea. The prophecy always said that the three orphans would be the ones to defeat Kong Li. But, in our fics, if Brynn and Tyko were around, screwing with the prophecy, Kong Li could just come back, yes? So, now the orphans need to run off to Chinatown and take him down once and for all, alone. Not sure how they'll do it, but... you know. XD
I like Alix's version of this scenario better. Tyko is all like, "TOBEY. YOU BETTER NOT BE ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW. THE GIRLS HAVE A DENSTIST APPOINTMENT AND I NEED TO CALL AND MAKE SURE THE OFFICE KNOWS. TOBEYYYYYYYYYY...Oh wait. That was Sue on the phone? Oscrew."

XD

Anywhoooooosie. Yes. Have a little taste of the two buggers that'll be invading some of my stuff.
Sadie is adorable. And you all know it. 8D Little Chinese-American with red hair, hahah.

I'm turning this into a video sometime soon...I need to finish converting clips of Vanille to touch up on Brynn and all that junk, and I need to find clips of little Sora and little Kairi for young Ian and Sadie.

Which means spoiling the new Kingdom Hearts game for myself, yaaaayyyyyy.
*shot*
Anywhoooooosie.
Yeah... Uhm...
DANGIT.
I screwed my video up my making Tobey Tidus. >> Craaaaaap. Oh well.

Ian was seven years old when Sadie was born.

To him, his father was the greatest person on the entire earth. His dad was always there for him, whenever he needed him. He told Ian stories of magical things and mean old villains who wanted to destroy young heroes. No matter how wild the tales got, all revolving around a magical cookbook and the things it concocted, Ian always felt like there had to be truth to those stories. Even as he got a little older and he knew the stories had to be fake, the boy always felt like his father could have been the hero in those stories. And every time, there was mention of a girl who always got the hero through. Ian wasn’t yet to the age where he thought girls were of much importance, but when his father spoke of this girl, he wanted to meet her. He wanted to thank her for saving that hero so many times.

Ian was nine years old when it happened. He was sitting in the living room, reading a book that his fourth grade teacher had lent him. Ian had always been a reader. He knew it was because of those stories. As he stared at the pages, he wished that a Baku creature would be in one of the pictures. But they never appeared, nor did any of the other creatures his dad told him about.

The front door creaked open and almost immediately, the little boy was picked up, upside down, and thrown over a broad shoulder.

“Dad!” the boy squealed, his face turning red. He giggled as the man ticked his stomach. The man laughed and gently set the boy back on the couch. Ian struggled to his feet and faced his father. He bent in stance and prepared to launch himself. But he noticed something in his dad’s eyes that didn’t look quite right. He straightened himself and cocked his head. “Dad?” His voice trembled with the word. His dad wasn’t ever unhappy. There was always a bright look of joy on his face.

The man smiled down on his son, but Ian knew something still wasn’t right. His father’s eyes cast down to the floor as he turned away. He headed into the kitchen and called a hello to his wife. Ian followed along, all thoughts he’d had of his book long gone.

He sat himself at the kitchen table and watched his parents. His dad walked up to the woman standing beside the stove and wrapped his arms around her from behind. He saw his mother’s soft smile as his father put his face right into her long, red hair. She pulled away, faced him, and kissed him gently. It sometimes amazed Ian how sappy his parents could be. But then again, it didn’t surprise him. His dad always treated his wife the way Ian thought the hero in the stories would treat that one girl.

When they pulled away from each other, his mother immediately frowned. She saw it, too. Something was definitely wrong. Ian only wondered what could make his perfect father so unhappy.

His dad gestured with his head and muttered something too low for Ian to hear. The green eyes of his mother had traces of worry within them. He left the room, headed to the storage room in the back of the house. She glanced around the kitchen, looking as if she were going to cry. Ian had no idea what could be going on. He felt lost and confused.

Finally, her eyes rested on her son. Her mouth wanted to form words, but it seemed like she’d forgotten how to speak. Finally, she choked out, “Please watch Sadie.”

Ian glanced at his little sister in her high chair. She was tugging at her own unruly red hair, while attempting to eat applesauce. He couldn’t help but smile at her playful behavior. His eyes caught movement and he noticed his mom follow out of the kitchen towards the storage room. He frowned, once again wondering what could be wrong with his dad. What could make his mother so worried?

Ian grabbed a spoon and waved it in front of Sadie’s face. She stared at it intently for a few seconds before reaching out for it. Ian grinned and held it just out of reach. Sadie frowned and struggled to reach the object. She blinked her big brown eyes and a tear slipped down her face. Ian quickly handed her the spoon before she freaked out. The thing about Sadie was that she would get fussy if she didn’t get what she wanted. His mom swore she got it from their Aunt Tyko. How it was possible, considering she wasn’t related to them, was beyond Ian.

Suddenly, a sound found its way to Ian’s ear. It wasn’t an argument. Somehow, it was more disturbing than that. It was a single word. It pierced Ian’s ears.

No!”

Ian’s head snapped up. He glanced at Sadie, who was attempting to eat her spoon, decided she’d be safe enough, and slipped towards the back room.

The door was closed, but Ian heard nearly every word. He’d been right about it not being an argument. His parents weren’t angry at each other. But something had struck a chord with his mom. He could hear her voice shake as she spoke.

“You can’t.” She was begging. The strain was evident. Ian could just picture his mother. She was a nightmare when she was stressed. He could only imagine what she would look like at that moment.

“Brynn,” his father pleaded. “You of all people should understand. I have to help. I told you this would happen. They need me.”

“Then take me with you!”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?

Ian barely heard his father’s voice. “Brynn, this isn’t the same as when we were teenagers. There’s more at stake now. We… we have kids, Brynn. They can’t lose their parents.”

It was a long time before Ian heard his mother’s voice again. She sounded defeated. “Am I just going to wait around and wonder if you’ll ever come back?”

“Brynn, even if I wanted to stay, and leave it to the others, I can’t. He’s immortal now. Nana can’t protect us anymore. And it has to be us three. Sue, Tobey, and me. You couldn’t help, even if you wanted to.”

“So, what are Tyko and I going to do?”

It took a moment for a response to come. “Wait.”

Ian felt that the conversation was over for the time. He hurried back to the kitchen and placed himself in the chair beside his sister. He rolled his eyes and took the spoon away from her when she started to shove it into her ear.

A few moments later, his mom walked back into the room. Ian had never seen her look so beaten. His mother had always been an upbeat woman, a smile almost always on her face. But now, her radiance was gone. Ian wanted to comfort her, but he wasn’t even sure what had happened. What were they talking about?

His father followed. Even though his dad was only thirty-two, he looked several years older at that moment. Worry lines creased his forehead. As he passed, he patted Ian’s head gently. He watched his father approach the stairs and disappear up them.

A few minutes later, his mother placed a plate in front of him, filled with chili. Ian glanced up, almost confused as to what was going on. She smiled at him in that sweet way, but Ian felt as if it were forced. She sat down across the table and started to spoon food into Sadie’s mouth as she reached madly for the spoon her mother held.

Ian stared at his chili, his hand unwilling to move so he could eat it. Suddenly, a frightening thought wove its way into his head.

Ian didn’t have grandparents. His parents had both been orphans. He often thought about when he’d have a family, someday. He’d wanted it to be perfect, just like his family was. But… what if he ended up in the same situation has his own parents? Fatherless? He couldn’t let it happen.

Ian bolted from the table and shot towards the stairs. He heard his mother call after him, but he ignored her, the first time he’d done so. He reached the foot of the staircase, just as his father appeared at the top and began walking down. He held a briefcase in his hand, but
Ian knew working hours were long over.

When he reached the foot of the stairs, he once again patted Ian’s head. “Where are you going?” the boy demanded, his eyebrows turning down in frustration. His father’s eyes softened as he bent down to the level of his son. He smiled and held him close. When he pulled away, he handed Ian an envelope. It had Ian’s name on the front. The boy looked at it, puzzled, as his dad made his way to the kitchen. He heard him say goodbye to Sadie. Then, silence. Ian glanced in through the door and saw his mother and father embracing. His mom’s face was turned toward him, and he saw tears staining her cheeks. His dad pulled away and stroked her hair gently, a pained look planted on his face. Ian had never seen the two of them so upset. They were always happy when they were together. But now… everything seemed darker.

His dad wiped a tear away from his mother’s face. She closed her eyes and embraced him once more. Ian heard a single word fall from his father’s lips.

“Sorry.”

He pulled away from his wife and strode toward the door, a look of duty on his face. When he passed his son, he nodded to the envelope in his hands. “Please. Read it,” he said softly, and turned away. A moment later, the front door opened and closed and the reality of what was happening sealed itself.

Ian couldn’t face his mother’s tear stained face. He closed his eyes and bolted up the stairs to his room. He threw himself on the bed and faced the pillow. The envelope crinkled in his grip.

He pulled away from the pillow and stared down at the small paper in his hands for the longest time. Finally, he ripped it open and a piece of paper tumbled out. The letters were in his father’s handwriting.

Dear Ian,

I used to tell you crazy stories when you were a little boy. I can’t help but realize how grown up you are. I’m sorry that it’s come to this, but I need to leave.

Ian, I could tell you a thousand things that happened to me when I was your age. I was an orphan; only doing anything I could to protect my little sister. I could tell you about all the times that I failed and we fell into danger. I could tell you how we were taken in and saved, only to be put in more danger – more than we’d ever imagined. I could tell you of your happy-go-lucky Uncle Tobey, who never cared for anything serious. I could tell you about a girl that I knew, who made me freeze where I stood and sound like an idiot every time I tried to talk to her. I could tell you about all the times she saved my life – in more ways than one. I can only pray that you’ll never be forced to experience everything I had to. I know that things may seem like a burden now, but I promise. It gets better.

There’s not much I can do anymore, it seems. I do everything I can to be a good father to you. I promised myself when you were born that I would never leave you alone. But… it seems as if I have to break that promise now. I don’t usually break promises. Not since I was a teenager. Not since I’d promised to keep someone safe and I failed.

Son, I’m sorry I’m not everything you thought I was. But I promise you this – every story I’ve told you is part of me. It has a dear place in my heart, and is truer than you could ever know. Than I’d ever want you to know.

You keep me breathing, Ian. You, your sister, your mother… My reasons for living. You keep me writing songs, like I did when I was younger. Whenever I saw you, I felt the drums beating in my chest, keeping perfect time with my heart.

Ian, I know I’m not who you thought I was. I’m not a perfect dad, nor a perfect husband or perfect person. I made a mistake long ago that I need to fix now. And to do that; to keep you safe; I have to go. And I promise that every story I’ve ever told you – no matter how fantastic they seem – are part of you as well. They hold morals and tales for you. The heroes I told you about… you can be those heroes. You will be a great man when you grow up. I’m sorry I may never be there to see you, then. But I’ll always be with you – through those stories. Promise me something, Ian. Never forget them. I may have to leave you now, but promise me that you won’t forget. There’s a lot left for you to do.

Please, take care of your sister. Be close to her and help her through the years as she grows and tries to understand the world around her. She needs you. Keep her dear to you. You may think she’s a nuisance now, but I promise, sisters are the greatest things a man can have. And please, watch out for your mother. Keep her safe, always. It’s your job to be the man of the house now. Provide support for them. They need you, Ian. You can do more for them than I ever could.

I love you. I’ve never been so proud of someone my entire life. Please, never lose hope. And never forget that even the wildest stories can be, and are, true.

Love,

Dad

Epic letter that pretty much follows the exact lyrics of the song? 8D
I think so.

FUN FACT.
I've always pictured the lead singer of Yellowcard to sound like Sid.
Awesome thing about this particular song. "How I Go" has a girl in it, too, singing along with Ryan Keys, and she sounds JUST LIKE BRYNN.
I love it. :3

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Re: Hear Me Now

Post by swim2live on 31st July 2010, 11:59 pm

*sniffle sniffle* beautiful. You are amazing, Thalia. This is incredible. I wish I had some sort of constructive criticism but it was so perfect that i don't have any!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 2nd August 2010, 12:24 am

Aw, hahah, thank you! May or may not turn the concept into a fic. Iunno. We'll see whenever I finish the vid. (:

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 2nd August 2010, 12:26 am

I never thought about the prophecy thing! I probably never would have if you hadn't brought it up, but you're so right! I hope you end up turning it into a fic!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 2nd August 2010, 12:31 am

Eugh, this means I need to hurry and finish Brynn's fic. It just wouldn't do to try and keep a sequel fic spoiler free, hahah. XD

Ah well, that's Alix and me for you. We tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING. So we always are coming up with strange and random crap like this. XD *points to theory of Barney's mother* Yeeeeahhh...

You should have seen us when the trailer for the newest Kingdom Hearts game came out. XD

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 3rd August 2010, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 2nd August 2010, 12:33 am

Figures it would be you and Alix lol. You are the biggest 3D nerds out of anyone here lol. Except maybe Mia. But she's kinda gone. But that really is a good point! We should all do a round robin about that! With all of the characters and stuff!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 2nd August 2010, 12:35 am

We should definitely give it a go. (: It might be a little hard though, considering all the different points of view, switching houses/families and all that. But I'm sure we could make it work. We can make like, anything work. XD

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 2nd August 2010, 12:41 am

ThaliaAnderson wrote:We can make like, anything work. XD

So true! But it still might be difficult because we already have another RR we're working on.....*ponder ponder*
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 2nd August 2010, 12:43 am

Well, like I said, we can make anything work. I'm sure we could handle two RRs at the same time, hehhe. (:

*scrambles to work on fic*

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 2nd August 2010, 12:47 am

Yeah that's true! And everyone should be up for it too!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top