Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

oo3. Black Cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

oo3. Black Cat

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 2:03 am

. : oo3 . Black Cat : .

It was the sound of crying that drew Sid’s attention away from staring at his shoes as they clomped down the sidewalk. It was the sound of his sister’s crying, which was easy to differentiate from the other orphans, as hers had a slightly wheezy quality to it. She wasn’t hard to locate. Sid spun around and immediately saw the eight-year-old standing on the edge of the sidewalk, facing the street and covering her face with her hands.

Glancing over and making sure the rest of the group from the orphanage wasn’t getting too far ahead, Sid wandered over to his sister and draped an arm soothingly over her shoulder. “Something wrong, mei-mei?” he asked.

He only got soft sobs in reply.

“Mei-mei?” he tried again, giving her shoulder a soft shake. “What’s wrong, Sue?”

The girl wrenched one hand away from her face for the purpose of pointing across the street. Curled up in a battered ball in the gutter across from them was a small, black cat – obviously dead – probably hit by a car.

“Oh, Sue,” Sid sighed. His sister loved animals. Dogs, cats, even the occasional mouse that had a tendency to make homes in the walls of their bedrooms at the orphanage. “Don’t cry over it… It was just a cat.”

That upset Sue even more. She ducked out from under her brother’s arm and sat herself down the curb to cry some more. Sid turned back towards the group from the orphanage. They were almost out of sight. Great, Sid thought. The first time we get to take a walk to the park, and now I’ll never be allowed to leave again.

“Sue, c’mon,” he said. “We’re gonna get in trouble.”

He reached out a hand towards the girl. She was almost nine, and she still insisted on acting like a child. It made Sid angry, but it was also endearing, in a way. It gave him an excuse to be the hero, the strong one. He got to be Sue’s role model, and that was the most important thing to him.

Finally, Sue turned to face her brother, black eyes wide and brimming with tears. She looked spent, exhausted, like she just wanted to curl up on her bed and sleep for hours. But she reached up and clamped onto her brother’s fingers. Sid noticed something – an odd coating of black fur clinging to her digits. He pulled her up and started leading her down the sidewalk.

And, quietly, Sue began speaking. Whether it was to herself or him, Sid had no idea.

“Why’d I have to pet it?” she asked, her voice squeaking. “Why’d I have to… why’d I scare it?”

“Sue, calm down. It’s probably been dead for a while. It’s in a better place now.”

“No, it isn’t!” Sue shouted, her grip on Sid turning vice-like as more tears spilled down her chubby cheeks. “All I wanted to do was pet it. But I… But I scared it and it ran into the street and-” she cut herself off as more tears flowed.

Sid looked down at his sister and saw small tufts of black fur poking from between their intertwined fingers. Gently, Sid moved his arm so it was around Sue’s shoulders. He pulled her close to him and she buried her face in the side of his jacket.

Maybe that’s why, Sid thought as he stroked Sue’s hair, black cats are supposed to be bad luck.

v-v-v-v-v-v

In case you couldn't tell, Sue tried to pet the cat, but it got scared and ran into the street and got hit by a car.

Where's Tobey, you ask? Wasn't he also in the orphanage with them?
I sorta just forgot about his existence when I was writing this, haha.

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you
we'll never leave this room

AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: oo3. Black Cat

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 6:18 pm

Eight years old isn't what I was thinking when you texted me that you had written baby!Sue, hahah. XD

I don't know about anybody else, but having to watch a cat die would be one of my absolute worst nightmares. So, in a way, you still captured that horror vibe, even though nothing you'd see in a horror movie really appeared anywhere.

And you captured their relationship beautifully. Jus' saying.

Tobey would have ruined everything.

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 6:58 pm

Aww, thanks!
I know, it would be horrible. Poor little Sue is gonna be toting that memory around for the rest of... ever.
I dunno. Maybe that explains why she loved cat!Tobey so much in that mini-episode.

I like to write about his and Sue's relationship, just because it's so sweet and I love writing as big brothers, haha.

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you

AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 7:07 pm

That must be why you like big brother!Seifer so much, hahah.

You, my friend, are suddenly addicted to little font. XD

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 8:16 pm

I find it adorable. Not sure why. Expect all my posts to be written in it.

I'M SORRY TO THOSE OF YOU WITH CRAPPY EYESIGHT.

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you

AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieStar on 17th August 2010, 8:24 pm

Damn.

I have the worst eye sight in the history.

Even with my glasses on.

I have to press my face against the computer screen Alix.

Oh, and Thalia, I LOVE THIS. So much different then your awkwardness of Synn.

WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 8:25 pm

I'M SORRY STAR.

BUT IT'S SO CUTE.

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you