Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Crazy Beautiful

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crazy Beautiful

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 9:28 am

Eeps, before I get kicked off the computer~~
I'm hooooome! And what did I do on my fifteen hour car ride?

Psssh, I wrote Tobko of course.
My /first/ attempt, and I don't know what Alix is talking about when she thinks I can help her figure them out, because I'm no good at it either. XD

In my opinion, Tyko is like, totally OoC, and I don't know if she'd do/say any of these things at all, so bear with me. The idea implanted itself into my brain and wouldn't leave me be. ;~;

Crazy Beautiful - Ashley Parker Angel.
THE Tobko song of the century.

There was something different about Tyko that afternoon.

Or rather, Tyko was exactly the same, and she was just being her usual mood swing-y self again. This didn’t surprise Tobey at all, though he couldn’t imagine what she’d be unhappy about considering she’d just gotten home from dress shopping with Brynn.

Wedding dress shopping, that is.

Months earlier, back in August, Sid had finally proposed to her, just after he turned nineteen. Now it was February, and before the wedding in August after Brynn turned nineteen herself and Sid was safely twenty, everybody was scrambling to make sure things were all in order. The last thing on the redhead’s mind was getting a dress, but eventually, Tyko and Sue had dragged her out long enough to find something for her to wear down the aisle.

Tyko had seemed the most excited out of anybody to hear the engagement news, if only for the simple fact that she’d been right all along about the two—that they’d end up together when all was said and done. But why wouldn’t you be happy if your best friend was going to get her dream wedding to her dream guy?

“Did you find anything?” Sid asked when they got back, greeting his tired-looking fiancé.

“Yeah, finally,” she replied, sitting down in a booth. “But dang, Tyko over there made me try on almost every single dress in the store.”

Tyko shrugged defensively. “Hey, I just wanted to make sure that you absolutely loved the dress you chose. And now we know for sure!” She offered a smile, but Tobey saw something falter in it. “Alright, I’m going up to rejuvenate. Talk to you when it’s time to eat food,” she said, throwing a wave over her shoulder as she disappeared up the stairs.

As the others lost themselves in conversation of Sid trying to convince the girls to give him a hint as to what Brynn’s dress looked like, Tobey stopped listening. He was worried about Tyko, who, though neither of them called what they had ‘dating’, was singlehandedly the most important person in his life. He started toward the stairs and when Sid called to him to ask where he was going, he replied to the conveniently-placed only bathroom in Wu’s upstairs (though he left the conveniently-placed part out of his out loud response).

Once up the stairs, he stopped outside the closed door of the girl’s bedroom and pressed his ear to the door. From inside, he heard a sharp yelp and a gasp of surprise. Quickly fumbling with the doorknob, he pushed the door open and stopped in surprise when he caught Tyko with her hand stuck in the wall beside the bunk bed. She glanced up suddenly at hearing him come in and quickly pulled her fist back through the plaster and fumbled with the bed frame. She tugged on it, but Tyko being the size she was, could hardly move it.

What are you doing?” Tobey exclaimed, still staring in shock at the small girl and the sudden damage to the wall.

“Would you mind shutting up for a second and helping me?” she groaned, tugging at the bed still.

Tobey closed the door behind him, and making sure it was safely locked, he crossed the room and shoved the bed from the other end. He being much stronger than the seventeen-year-old across from him, was able to shove the frame so one post directly covered the Tyko’s-fist-shaped hole in the wall. In pushing the bed over, ashes spilled out of the tray Tyko had left on her top bunk and sprinkled the sheets. “Dangit,” she muttered under her breath, reaching on her tiptoes to sweep some of the debris to the floor.

“Tyko, how many times have I told you to keep this out of your room, and only smoke outside?” Tobey half-growled as he snatched the ashtray off the bed and threw it underneath the bed, doing a much better job of sweeping the ashes off the sheets because he was much taller. “I don’t even want to think of how dead we’ll be if anybody finds out about your new habit,” he muttered, pulling a can of Febreeze from
the closet and giving the room a once-over.

“Calm down,” she mumbled, getting on her hands and knees and blowing the still-visible gray marks under the bed as well, where nobody would find them for at least a few months. “Nobody’s going to find out. It was a fluke, alright? I wasn’t thinking about it.”

Tobey muttered something under his breath, inaudibly, before shoving the can of air freshener back to the top shelf of the girls’ closet and turning back to the troublemaker—scratch that—his troublemaker.

Tyko collapsed onto Sue’s bed, obviously too lazy to climb up the ladder to her own sleep area. Bent forward, her shaggy black hair fell across her eyes and hid them from view. Even so, Tobey could tell that something was wrong.

“What’s the matter?” he sighed, crossing the room and sitting beside her. When
he looked at her from this angle, he could see a little spider web of cracking plaster
coming from behind the bedpost, though small enough that he was sure no one would
notice. He wondered how someone as small as Tyko could muster up enough strength to actually damage something, especially something as solid as a wall.

The girl heaved a small sigh and sat back up, leaning against her palms for support. “Iunno, I guess I’m just feeling kind of frustrated,” she admitted, staring at the floor.

“About what?”

“This whole…wedding thing,” she continued, though she obviously didn’t like saying the words aloud. “I’m trying to wrap my head around it all. I mean, yeah, I’m really happy about it all and that Brynn’s so happy—I could care less if Sid’s happy, if we’re being honest— and that everything is going so great. But shopping today, it…it made it real, you know? Like, ‘Jeez, Brynn’s actually getting married’ and I realized what that all means.”

“What does it mean?” Tobey pressed, though wanting to hear about Tyko’s inner mind theatre as well, secretly only wanting to hear more and more of her voice.

“It means no more best friend,” she muttered, flicking a small ball of thread she’d pulled from the sheets across the room. “It means that she’s going to get married, and then what? They’ll move away, start a family or go to college or something, and bottom line is that she probably won’t ever come back to Chinatown. There’ll be no need to. Yes, I want her to be happy, and I’m happy that she’s happy, but I’m kind of sad that I’ll be losing her. I don’t want to just never see her again—after all, she was my best friend before she was anything to Sid, right?” She tossed a look to the black and white-haired boy beside her. “Do I sound totally selfish?” she asked, a tone of sadness entering her voice. She leaned down on the bed and stared up at the bottom of her own bunk before pulling her left arm over her eyes and just laying there.

Tobey wanted to give her an answer. And she continued talking, but he couldn’t say what about, because he kept hearing her voice echo around in his head, like when a song gets stuck in your head and you can’t make it go away no matter what you do about. Except every other word he heard was his own name, and though he honestly loved the sound of his name on her lips, it was driving him crazy. He watched her as she spoke, even if he couldn’t exactly focus on the words, and watched her move; watched her speak. Whenever she stopped to pull her arm away from her eyes and continue ranting while staring straight up, he would note her eyes, how black the irises were, and how her eyeliner made them seem even darker than they were. He’d notice how her face was framed perfectly by her shaggy hair. He’d notice the way the tattoo snaking up her right arm seemed to ripple with every movement (a tattoo that Tobey had no idea how she got without guardians’ consent, which he assumed she didn’t have seeing how everybody was surprised when she’d come home from her ‘afternoon walk’ that day with it creasing her shoulder). He’d notice how she never censored anything she did or said, and that she would ramble until the end of the day if she could, if only to empty her mind of secret thoughts.

She covered her eyes again when her arm and continued her speech, but Tobey couldn’t hear any of it still. He just sat there, staring at her, though he did think to himself of what he’d do if he were in Tyko’s shoes.

Oh wait.

He was in Tyko’s shoes.

What was she supposed to be? Like an angel and demon sitting on her shoulders, one telling her that she needed to be happy about
her best friend’s getting married and enjoy it and the other reminding her how hurt and slightly bitter she was towards the person taking that same best friend away from her. And honestly, Tobey didn’t know what to do about. Sure, Sid was his best friend, but Tobey was just happy that he was going to be happy, and he knew that when it was all over he’d still have that singlehandedly most important person with him. Though the fact apparently didn’t work so vice-versa for her. So Tobey did the only thing his brain could think of doing at that moment.

He leaned down and kissed her.

Right in the middle of a sentence, he abruptly cut her off, and he could feel her surprise. And though it only lasted an instant—an instant before Tyko reached to her side, grabbed a flip flop from the floor and smacked him over the head with it—he was happy.

He pulled away upon impact and rubbed his forehead. “What was that for?” he asked, frowning.

“What was that for?” she demanded in return, obviously referring to Tobey’s surprise. “Were you trying to suffocate me or something? Cutting off my airway when I was almost out of breath from talking anyway? Were you listening to a word I was saying? Or were you just planning the best time to ambush?” The girl stumbled to her feet and, smacking him one more time with the flip-flop, stalked to the door, fumbling for only a moment with the lock Tobey had installed before swinging it open and storming down the hallway.

He knew that he hadn’t done anything to make her feel any better, and now he couldn’t rid the bitter taste of smoke from his tongue, but despite that, he was slightly proud of one thing.

As she walked by, he’d seen her mouth twitch into what was almost a smile. But she’d apparently remembered that she was angry with him at the moment and shoved it back before he could notice that she was too happy.

Tobey leaned back on the bed himself and gazed up at the wooden planks above him. No, he couldn’t call what they had love, not quite yet. But oh, how he wanted to love her, even if she didn’t always make it easy. And how he wanted her to love him back, even if she wasn’t coming to terms with it anytime soon. But that was like Tyko—how she’d always be. Stubborn and hardheaded. (She’d once packed her suitcase four times in one week, threatening to run away if Mr. Wu didn’t stop cooking his awful mushu pork.) No, she wasn’t perfect—far from it. But she was perfect in the sense that Tobey wouldn’t change a thing about her. She was beautiful just the way she was.

Crazy beautiful.

*runs away*

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy Beautiful

Post by swim2live on 17th August 2010, 4:33 pm

Aw! That was so adorable!

I'm not Alix but I think you got Tyko REALLY well.

I just love the way you describe things. They get the point across while still adding depth to the story.
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 6:07 pm

Aw, thank you. (:

I added in the italics. It looks much better now, hahah. XD

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 7:18 pm

HOLY FRICK.
YOU TOLD YOU WROTE SOMETHING, BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE SO...
SO...
SO FREAKING PERFECT. UGH. MY BRAIN JUST, LIKE, EXPLODED.

(and that song fits liek whoa)

I love how you handled her - she's off the wall, insane, impossible to control. She wears too much makeup, smokes, gets tattoos with no one's permission... you got her... beyond perfect. I didn't think it was even possible to get someone so in-character. It's official - we now share a brain xD

It was heartbreaking, when she was talking about losing her best friend, because that's exactly what she'd feel. She'd feel alone again and it'd be just like when she was in the orphanage without her brother. UGH IT'S SO GOOD.

And I love the way you write Tobey. Like, beyond words. He's gotten more mature, but he's still a total moron who has no idea what he's doing or why he's doing it. He's just... Tobey. And you got him down perfectly.

Also, I love the idea of hitting him with a flipflop. I can totally see Tyko freaking out and seeing it out of her peripheral vision xD

Someday, someone will have to write a drabble where she doesn't get all pissy once he kisses her xD

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you
we'll never leave this room
AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 7:23 pm

I do wonder how she got her fist through that wall, hahah.

Oh goodie, I shall now know all your secret thoughts. Imma be like Edward Cullen. Next time I spend the night, I'll just loom over your bed while you sleep. XD

I've never written Tobey before. I was soooo nervous. He's hard. D: I mean, he's not quite the idiot he was, but there still has to be traces of it, and I didn't know how to incorportate that, and so I made him kiss her for no reason at all. XD

That person will not be me. XD

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 7:27 pm

The power of her anger increased her strength xD

YOU'RE PALE WHITE AND WRITE FANFICTION.
YOU PSNE, LIKE, 80% OF YOUR TIME ON THE COMPUTER.
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE.

RECLUSIVE FANGIRL.

*shot for gosh-awful Twilight referencing*

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you
AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 7:28 pm

LMAOOOOOOOO.
WHAT'S 'PSNE'?? XDD

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 8:17 pm

WHOA.
HELLO DYSLEXIA.
I'M ALIX.
NICE TO MEET YOU.

...I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SPELL.

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you
AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chezberryz456 on 17th August 2010, 8:21 pm

Wow that was good! No sorry. Let me rephrase that. WOW! that was amazing!!! I love that you put so much description into the emotions and that. And they both seemed so in character. Im kinda speechles... It took my breath away...
Chezberryz456

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 17th August 2010, 11:43 pm

Thank you! ^^ That's my goal!

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top