Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Evrae - For Marcie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evrae - For Marcie

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 24th August 2010, 11:35 pm

Hey, so I found my FFX strategy guide (heaven only knows why I own two, because one is at Alix's house), so I'm posting a real quick boss guide on Evrae, and maybe it'll help you beat him.
(doing this really quick before I start on my FFX-2 rampage >D)

Word for word from the book:

(before the fight)
If possible, equip as many characters as possible with armor and equipment with the SOS Regen ability. Keep in mind that Evrae is immune to most status effects. Don't forget to equip weapons and armon that improve your party members' Strength and HP.

(fight)

HP: 32,000
AP: 5400
Weakness: None
Steal: Water Gem

Start by having Tidus cast Slow on the fiend, and then cast Haste on himself and Rikku. This increases their number of turns throughout the battle, and makes it much easier to use the Trigger Command to communicate with Cid.

Look carefully at the list of character turns on the right side of the screen. When Tidus or Rikku's turn is right before Cid's turn, use the Trigger Command to pull the ship away from Evrae. If you can keep the monster at long range until Cid's next turn thereafter, he will unleash a volley of missiles at Evrae.

The dragon may then counter with the Swooping Scythe attack to get close to the ship again. Eventually, Evrae will inhale on one turn and exhale Poison Breath on its next turn. Whenever the part is impaired with status ailments, have Rikku use an Al Bhed Potion. Evrae will then cast Haste on itself, thus nulifying Slow spells. To counter Evrae's enhanced speed, have Tidus cast Haste on as many characters as possible.

Your choice of party members depends on whether Evrae is close or far away. When Evrae is near the ship, use physical attacks with characters like Tidus, Auron, Kimahri, and Rikku. When Evrae is far away, use Lulu and Wakka. But since Evrae halves all magical damage, Lulu will be mostly ineffective unless she knows Firaga, Waterga, Thundaga, or Blizzaga. Kimahri can also use his Lancet ability to siphon some HP from the dragon.

You'll need a healthy supply of Al Bhed Potions and Mega Phoenixes to keep your characters alive so that you can collect as much AP as possible.

As my own note, depending on what you have Kimahri doing, you can use him, Wakka, and Lulu for your long-range team. I always set Kimahri down Lulu's portion of the sphere grid, so he works wonders for me. Also, before you battle, whatever you do, teach Lulu at least one third level spell. It doesn't matter how many times you have to run up and down the hallways of the airship, keep her in your party at all times so she can gain as much AP as she can and teach her a third level spell, because otherwise, she's almost useless in the battle.

I hope this helps you a bit!

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.
ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Re: Evrae - For Marcie

Post by swim2live on 29th August 2010, 11:54 pm

OKAY!!! I'm printing this out cuz I'm STILL STUCK!!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 30th August 2010, 7:20 pm

Evrae is like, singlehandedly the hardest boss like, ever.
Dude, I had more trouble with Evrae than I did with effing Sin itself.

But yes, just make sure that Lulu knows at least Firaga (I think you come across it first on the sphere grid), because it will be so useful.

And the joy of finally getting Yuna back needs to push you forward! =D

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 4th September 2010, 2:17 am

Fighting without Yuna is SO HARD! I miss her and her aeons and her healing powers!

I searched all around the sphere grid and I cannot for the life of me find any level three black magic spells. I think I need to do more leveling up than I thought.
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 4th September 2010, 2:26 am

Sphere Grid

Finally found a US version Sphere Grid, hahah. Anyways, as you can see, from the second-level spells, you go up and learn Bio, and then over to the right and learn Demi, and then you can either keep going to the right, directly to the third-level spells, or go down and learn Doublecast (which will be helpful later on, most definitely).

I'd recommend going straight to the third-level spells, and then once you get a bit farther in the game and get a few Teleport Spheres, go back and let Lulu learn Doublecast and then teleport her back to wherever she was. (:

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 4th September 2010, 2:31 am

I need to be writing this stuff down. It will be so helpful.
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 4th September 2010, 2:36 am

Hahah, in like, seventh grade, Alix gave me one of her composition books for me to write a story in, and I ended up nerding it over with FFX/X-2 notes instead. XD So I have this huge long list of "YUNA/RIKKU/PAINE DRESSPHERE ORDER' and which abilities they need to learn first. XD

Oh, and my item synthesis list for Kingdom Hearts, hahahah.

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 4th September 2010, 2:53 am

OH! I need that too! Gosh! How do you know so much about this game?!
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 4th September 2010, 4:20 am

Psssh, HOW many times have I played it? XD

At least once a year since the fourth grade?
Yesplz. (:

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 4th September 2010, 5:19 am

How do you do that?! Gawsh! I wish I knew it that well.
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 5th September 2010, 12:34 am

How do I do what? Retain all this useless information? XD
Seriously though, if the SAT test would just ask me the names of the Crusaders that you meet on your pilgrimage, I'd totally ace it, heheh.

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 6th September 2010, 5:53 am

How do you remember all of this AND play this game at least once a year?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm in love with it but if I played more than once, I think I'd break something in my rage
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 6th September 2010, 6:43 am

In your rage? XD Over what?

I'm just so in love with the story, and I love to do more than the last time I played. Like mini-games, and obtaining all the Ultimate Weapons (though I usually on achieve Yuna's, Auron's, and Rikku's, hahah) and capturing all the monsters for Monster Arena. I just adore it, hahah, not to mention leveling everyone to extreme kick-arse mode. There's just so many ways to play the game and go about winning that you can't just play it once and be done.

And then, through playing it so many times, I just retain the information. It's actually a lot easier than you'd think. It's the same with Kingdom Hearts--I learn from playing, and that's the only way that I can do it. XD

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swim2live on 10th September 2010, 5:46 am

Rage begacuse it takes SO LONG! And that I constantly have to press restart out of my own stupidity and frustration.......

Monster arena?
swim2live

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 11th September 2010, 6:14 am

Well, it only takes long your first time through, when you don't know what you're doing. (:

Although...it takes longer when you go back through and try to get EVER AVAILABLE ITEM IN THE GAME too. So...no, I don't have any hope for you. XD

Monster Arena is one of the BEST sub-plots ever. After you rescue Yuna, go through Bevelle, get through Tidus and Yuna actually doing something about their feelings (FINALLY) and get to the Calm Lands, you'll meet this guy who wants to reopen a monster arena that used to be a Crusader's training facility, but he's too old to go out and capture fiends himself. So he asks you to do it and for however many fiends you bring in you get prizes and if you beat his new fiend 'concotions' he'll give you really valuable stuff.

Not to say I've ever been able to get back maybe two rounds with one of his beasts (they're effing HARD!) but I just love it to pieces. <33

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum