Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Trials of the Demon Wolf ch.5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trials of the Demon Wolf ch.5

Post by WolfieStar on 3rd September 2010, 9:49 pm

Notes:
--Wow, so like, everyone is like OoC XD bipolar Sue alert.
--This seems rushed to me, course i wrote this in a few hours, but still.

It was only a week later, and I felt my body ready to collapse. I was just skin covered bones, and I was afraid I would fall into coma like Sue. It suddenly occurred to me that I haven’t seen Sue in a week either after she woke up, and guilt washed over me. She must have been lonely, in that cold hospital all alone, so weak . . .

Quickly I shook my head, forcing myself to focus though the haze I was experiencing. Why did I care about her so much? Us demons were meant to live alone with no one around, yet why did I have feelings towards her? It didn’t make sense.

I groaned suddenly and leaned against the wall, holding my chest. Pain surged through my body from my chest, and I had to rest for a few seconds. It was then that I realized that I was shaking, and I knew I was going to die any day now. I didn’t want to die, but what was the point? I was going to die alone like what my father had told me; I was sick likely and starving. I glared at the air, remembering my terrible father. It was the sad truth that I wanted him to die a horrible death.

Suddenly arms were around me and pulled me close to a warm body. I screamed and attempted to pull what was ever holding me apart from my skeleton body, only to hear a familiar and frightening voice:

“Hi Gare Gare!” Vitani, the girl from back in Texas, my old home, squealed with delight and held me so tight I couldn’t breathe. How the heck could she find me?

“Um, hi Vitani?” I muttered, still trying to pry her strong arms off of my waist. This only caused her to hold me even tighter. I thought she would break me in half she was so strong!

“Where were you all these years sweetie?! It took me so long to find you honey!” she turned me around easily, and hugged me from the front. My face twitched as I looked at her, and remembered that she lived next door. Apparently she had some fetish about me. This girl was really creepy, pretty maybe, but that doesn’t change the awkwardness.

“I ran away from home.” I said simply, trying to pull away from her. She moved her snow white hair out of her amber eyes, watching me as I ripped her arms from around my waist and slowly walked away from her. She started to follow me, but I quickly said, “Don’t follow me!”

“But Gare Gare!” she cried, and started chasing after me. “I love you!”

“Freak!” I yelled, using the rest of my energy to run away from the stalker. Why the heck would she be after me? I remember she was always close to me at Texas, but I didn’t know she was secretly obsessed with me! She was obviously taken care of, for she was a bit on the plump side, had fresh new clothes, and looked clean. Maybe her family moved here? Likely, she was definitely under the category of stalker.

I didn’t know where I running to until I slammed against a round golden door and tumbled inside. My head collided with the soft ground, and I could still smell Vitani on my tail, but she wasn’t nearby. But another scent assaulted my nostrils, and when I sat up and looked towards it, I saw her staring at me.

“Sue . . .” I whispered, carefully getting to my wary feet. She was sitting cross legged on a stone bench, and staring at me with wide eyes. She looked scared, but she calmed down and smiled.

“So you’re back.” she smirked, uncrossing her legs, and stretching carefully. As she stretched, I saw white bandages visible on her stomach and abdomen.

“You remember me?”

“Sure. You’re my guardian angel.” she smiled, and shakily stood up, but groaned holding her stomach. She fell back on the bench, wincing. My heart broke at how much pain she was in, and I had caused. But it also shattered that she actually believed I was her guardian angel. Surely she was smarter than that?”

“Yeah . . . So how are you feeling? And you’re out of the hospital at least.” I smiled, sitting down next to her on the ground. My hands cracked my knuckles nervously, I was so shy around her. I never felt shy around anyone before. Well, maybe just five minutes ago with Vitani, or was that fear?

“Hurts a lot.” she sighed, leaning back slightly. “And my family thinks I’m too weak to do anything. So of course I’m forced not to go back to work, and all I can do is just read and meditate. It’s so boring.”

I chuckled, feeling somewhat happy around her. It was so strange really. Demons are creatures that aren’t meant to feel joy. We are only supposed to feel rage and anger. I just found it quite odd that I didn’t possess these emotions now, and with her.

“Hey.” I muttered, looking away from her gaze. “Do you actually believe I’m your guardian angel?”

She didn’t respond for a few seconds, then bluntly said, “no.”

I turned around to look at her, and she was staring right into my eyes. Sue continued as she tried to stand up again. “I know that Guardian Angels probably don’t exist. And I know that something’s up with you, I saw you in my dreams. You know that I wanted to die. You know that I tried to commit suicide and cut my wrists. You know all of this. A regular human can’t walk in other people’s dreams without magic, and it’s obvious you didn’t. And you were so oblivious, I was watching my memories over again, like a recording on a TV, when I saw you viewing the program with me. You aren’t human, at least not completely.”

I blinked, staring at her, my mouth gaping like a goldfish. “You know all this?”

“I’ve had a lot of time to think.” she grunted as she forced herself to her feet, obviously still shaking and uncomfortable on her feet. One arm was around her stomach.

“If I’m not completely human as you say, then what am I?” I challenged her, standing up and facing her off. “How dare you make such an accusation!”

“How dare you walk in my dreams!” she growled, then froze. She whimpered slightly, and backed away slowly. “I know what you are . . .”

“Oh really now?!” I roared, my hands curling up into fists. “What am I?!”

“A demon.” she whispered. “You’re the demon that attacked me two weeks ago.”

I blinked, unshed tears forming in my eyes. “No!” I cried, shaking my head furiously.

“Yes!” she growled. “You simply felt bad for hurting me and tried to get close to me to steal the cookbook and hurt everyone! You’re working for Kong Li!”

“That’s only half true!” I cried, starting to feel desperate. How did she make such smart statements about me?! “I did hurt you, and I did feel bad about it. I wanted you to forgive me. And I was working for Kong Li, but I saw no need to. It wasn’t worth it.”

“Liar!” she screamed and lunged at me. I wasn’t expecting it, and fell down immediately. But she wasn’t strong at all, I could tell, she was weakened. She threw a flimsy punch at my chest, anger visible in her brown eyes. I didn’t want to hurt her, but I didn’t want her to hurt me.

“I am not lying!” I said softly, holding her back carefully. She screamed in anger and frustration and tried feebly to break free from my hold. “I was the one who tried to wake you up! I didn’t want you to die! I wanted you to live!”

Sue stopped struggling for five minutes to stare into my green eyes. “You didn’t want me to die?”

“No. You’re far too young and have so much to live for. It’s unfair to the rest of the world to let your talent go to waste.” I said honestly, forcing a sad smile. She looked away, and carefully rolled off of me.

“You really do mean that don’t you?” she asked slowly, warily.

“Sure I do!” I laughed, sitting up. “I don’t lie!”

“You did about being my guardian angel.” she pointed out, smirking.

I sighed. “Alright, you got me there.” then I grinned. “Starting now I wont lie!”

She laughed, then looked a bit embarrassed. “Can you help me up?” she held out her hand, and I stood up, taking her with me. It took her a few seconds to get her balance, but she smiled and asked, “So what’s your name? You obviously know mine.”

“Gary.” I replied, grinning. “I’m sorry, for hurting you.”

Sue’s smile faded, then she looked away. “Why did you do it? I don’t remember it well.”

I sighed. “It’s difficult. I was working with Kong Li, and he wanted the cookbook. I’m so glad I didn’t give it to him, ya know?”

“Well, I’m glad.” she smiled. “There would have been mass destruction if he did have the cookbook.”

“I still don’t understand it though.”

“You have no need to.” she said simply. “Now go, before anyone sees you.”

“I have to go? Darn, we were having a fun play date!” I pouted, then jumped. “I’ll see you another day I guess.” I smiled at her before walking out quickly. Man was she something! Pretty and smart! But she wouldn’t fall for me, I knew it.

I bumped into someone, and cursed when it was Vitani. She scowled at me, looking past me at the open gate. “You were hanging around a tramp.”

“So? And she’s not a tramp!” I growled. “How dare you!”

“I’ll get rid of her for you.” she smirked, and magic surround her. I gasped, seeing a snow white wolf sprint inside the garden. I didn’t know she was a demon! I quickly ran after her after I heard a shrill scream.

Last edited by WolfieStar on 4th September 2010, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trials of the Demon Wolf ch.5

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 4th September 2010, 1:50 am

It didn't seem rushed at all to me. (: And you're getting better at staying in one tense, excpet for a part at the very beginning ("she must have been lonely) and you're definitely getting better with everything you write. And I'm glad to have more of the story!

Also, a great intro to Vitani. (: It was exellent! Though I'm confused because when she first showed up, Gary described her as "the demon girl back from Texas", and then at the end when she goes to attack Sue, he states that he had no idea that she was a demon. So...yeah, just recheck on that. XD

Can't wait for more. (:

I know I'm good for something; I just haven't figured it out yet.

My youtube and my tumblr.

ThaliaAnderson
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82

Back to top Go down

Re: Trials of the Demon Wolf ch.5

Post by WolfieStar on 4th September 2010, 2:18 am

Oh haha i didn't notice that XD thanks.

And thanks for those sweet comments. They mean so much (:

WolfieStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down