Welcome back to the Three Delivery Forum!
We're glad to see you again!

Please log in or register with us to continue.

Star Trek <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Trek <3

Post by AlixRobinson on 14th June 2010, 5:51 am

Did I really just make a topic about Star Trek?

Yes, yes I did.

IF YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE YOU THINK I AM TALKING ABOUT STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, OR ANY STAR TREK BESIDES THE ORIGINAL SERIES, PLEASE HIT THE BACK BUTTON AND BURY YOURSELF IN A HOLE FOR LIKING THOSE KNOCK-OFFS.

...Haha, I'm such a spaz today for some reason xD

Well, yes. I love Star Trek. In fact, my obsession for it far outweighs my obsession for, like, anything else. It's just... it's phenomenal. And it's not just because they have fun actors, their writers are brilliant, or they have corny 60's lens flare. No, I like it because of just how many barriers it broke in the 60's. Star Trek gave the world its first televised interracial kiss. Ever. Kirk (a very white man [William Shatner FTW]) and Uhura (a black woman) kissed in the episode entitled 'Plato's Stepchildren' (I believe, anywho), shocking the world. No one had ever thought to have an interracial kiss before - much less put it on TV. And that wasn't Stark Trek's only accomplishment in the terms of race. Many of their episodes were actually parodies of past events or past issues.

Wow, I'm getting sorta into this xD

Bottom line: Star Trek (The Original Series) is freaking fantastic. Also, that movie starring Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto... yeah. Yeah, that was good stuff. (Sequel in 2 years! UGH.)

PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE LIKES THIS.

OR AT LEAST LIKES THE 2009 MOVIE, BECAUSE I CAN ROLL WITH THAT.

Last edited by AlixRobinson on 17th August 2010, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

hush down now
go to sleep
we were once perfect
me and you
we'll never leave this room
AlixRobinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Trek <3

Post by DragonWarriorClaire34 on 22nd June 2010, 2:19 pm

I remembered the old series. I also heard how people were really influenced by that series. I am sorry to say that I am not a true fan like you Alix, but I did enjoy the movie with my dad.

My dad really loved the series and was around when it was running. (I believe...) He really enjoyed talking about how much he loved Star Trek. After he stopped talking about Star Trek he told me to go study in my room again.... but still, he loved it. Like a Star @ heaven
DragonWarriorClaire34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top